Fairfield, CT ~ Technical Designer
Work in a fun, energetic and fashion fueled environment!
This Fairfield, CT based position is primarily responsible for ensuring that quality fit, desired appearance, and company quality standards are met and maintained, including managing all aspects of technical garment specification development (tech packs) and technical fit from concept through sampling and bulk production. Also responsible for checking fit/construction/quality of bulk production when received into the warehouse prior to shipping to customers. This person should be a proactive team player, have a high taste level and creative ability with excellent follow through. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of swimwear and sportswear construction and how it relates to fabric/trim
• Knowledge garment construction standards and manufacturing methods and how they interact with the cutting and sewing of a garment.
• Proficiency in pattern making, points of measurement, sewing and techniques to improve fit, balance and overall quality of the garment.
• Ability to make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with Design on matters pertaining to specs and patterns.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong illustration skills and sketching ability
• Strong color sense and good eye for proportion
• Knowledge of lab dips and pantone matching
• Strong interest in adults and childrens (girls 4-14) swimwear and sportswear design
• Ability to manipulate graphic patterns and prints
• Willing to travel as necessary to factories and patternmaker
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates only please. We look forward to hearing from you!